NEWS | Some Interesting facts
Some Interesting facts
June 07 2020 By Anthony Losco
- The human body has 650 muscles.
- The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
- The heart is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12 - 21 are not vigorously active daily.
- For every kg of muscle gained, the body burns 50% extra calories every day.
- Only 13% of men are physically fit.
- More than 30% of children ages 6 to 11 are overweight, and over 15% are obese.
- On average, a person walks 112,655 kilometres in their lifetime.
- Roughly 4000 children and teenagers begin smoking every day.
- Exercise makes you feel more energised because it releases endorphins into the blood.
- Movement in exercise helps relieve stress by producing a relaxation response which serves as a position distraction